Thursday, October 4, 2012

Guest Blogger Nadine: if I don’t feel like playing mom on any given fortnight, I can just go out, get drunk and return home after bed time,



Me: I'm not sure what this picture of a drunk baby peeing on the floor has to do with this blog post, but that's what happens when a guest blogger leves the image up to me. Nadine told me that she "really liked your psychedelic whales", by which I can only assume she meant the Lissa Frank dolphins. any ways here is Nadine's lol post. 

Nadine: I’m Nadine and I’m 35 and have no kids. I do have a boyfriend who I live with who has 2 kids and for 2 days every fortnight, I get to pretend I’m a mother.  This may possibly be the extent that I get to enjoy (loath) motherhood, I’m not sure. 

When I told my mother that I may want to start a family in 3 years time, a horrified look crossed her face as she blurted out: “do you know how old you will be then?”  Now I know the standard of education in South Africa has really gone to the dogs in recent years, but I’m a little insulted that my own mother seems to think I am unable to add 3 to 35 and arrive at the correct answer. 

I am not entirely sure if my reasons for wanting kids are the right ones, I mainly want to see what I can make, test out the strength of my genes. Also I think it will ease my fear of nobody visiting me when I’m old, kids are obliged to visit, aren’t they? This is a big one for me cause I’m pretty sure I will have no friends left by the time I’m 55, they seem to be falling like flies already, mainly cause I don’t always feel like hanging around them and their kids, I befriended you not you and any future humans you produced, get a sitter, come see me alone once in a while.

Then of course the other little perks like the chores I could palm off on to them, the dressing up, the forcing my own values and beliefs on them, introducing them to music, books, art (jokes, I know nothing about art).

So I give myself 3 years for now to decide, until then I will continue enjoy playing mom every fortnight and if I don’t feel like playing mom on any given fortnight, I can just go out, get drunk and return home after bed time, after all they aren’t mine, I don’t have to spend time with them.

Twitter handle: oldladypants

Me: Here is the closest thing I could find to a psychedelic whale. 
Follow this sassy lady on twitter for some good laughs 





No comments:

Post a Comment